Sunday, February 20, 2011

Miriam's blog post

THIS WILL BE THE BEST BLOG YOU WILL EVER READ!!! (WARNING: this blog may be very boring so just kidding about the previous sentence). Well, it might be the best blog ever just cuz it's the coolest looking and the coolest person ever wrote it! :) Now for the actual blog: In the first week I was here, everyone wanted to be my friend and invite me over to their houses. I was the new kid. everyone made an effort to include me and help me understand what the teacher was saying in Hebrew. Now, I'm not the new kid anymore. My friends have gone back to their normal lives, hanging out after school with their friends and always talking in hebrew. They forget that I am there, no one seems to include me in what they are doing. I know that it will be like this for a little while, but once I learn hebrew so I can participate, it will all be good. It's hard going and frustrating at times, however I am still having a great time here. The begging of this letter is pessimistic, I can't say it's been easy trying to get used to this and fit in, but I don't want you to think I'm miserable here, because I'm not! It's been a really fun experience seeing what it's like halfway across the world. In some ways, it is more similar to america than I could have ever imagined. In other ways, it is so different and foreign to me. I have been surprised, for example: everyone here wears the same clothes as you do in america! On the other hand it's tiny here! I mean like no stores tiny, you have to drive for 40 minutes just to get a par of socks. serious-leh. ikr, totally crazy! This means no 29th street mall! I like it, though, it makes everything really simple and I love being able to walk everywhere! There are others things like this that surprise me like the way school works here, totally NOT what I am used to!
Well, I will now wrap up my blog by letting you know I'm wrapping it up. I'll keep you all posted, but this is it for now! I miss all of you so much!!!
Sincerely,
Miriam
So, was this the most awesome blog?? You should comment that it is whether or not it is so that my post can be the first with comments!! yay!! cuz I'm the awesomest!! (if you were wondering, I do know that's not a word, but that doesn't stop me from using it)
:)
just to let you guys know: This blog was all in rainbow colors and I spent so long making everything perfect, and then when I published this it deleted it all!! :( I'm sorry

1 comment:

  1. So I read this totally awesome blog post by this girl living in Israel right now and I think everyone should read it. Because she's actually managing to enjoy herself even though everyone has stopped speaking English to her and she has to drive 40 minutes to get socks. Well actually her parents have to drive 40 minutes! But she is so awesome cuz she inspires the rest of us to keep a good attitude even when something is hard. Keep an eye out for her awesome blog posts!

    ReplyDelete