Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love orienteering!

Yesterday, my mom and I went to a special event in Nitzana. That is a little village right on the borderline of Egypt. We got there at about ten, and went orienteering. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's when you get a map with lines for trails but they aren't named. It also has little dots where the different places are. You have to find your way to those dots.


This is the map that we used. All of the red dots are the locations we needed to go.
This is the sign for the Nizana Forest where we were.
When we got to every location we had to punch the certain punch in a piece of paper. This was the first location and punch.
These were peace sculptures called path of peace. My dad wrote an earlier blog on them.

My mom and I found some old ruins. They were in very good shape. As we were told later they were originally an old fortress, but they were most recently a world war 1 hospital. The hill that they sit on was man made for a lookout.

Gorgeous views through the old window
Me in the cave.
Surprisingly enough when we were done orienteering we stumbled across a Denver Boulder house!

No comments:

Post a Comment