Friday, June 10, 2011

beerotayim (ber-oh-tai-eem) was fanzamazing (fantastic and amazing in one!!!) :)

This is Miriam!!! I apologize for not writing blogs recently. For me, it's hard to write blogs. just that kind of writing (as opposed to just writing down my thoughts in a journal). So, I'll warn you ahead of time that this may not be as good of a blog as my parents, but I'll do my best :)
So, Beerotayim was just SO much fun!!

It's what my parents call "the Disney version of a Bedouin camp." Let’s just say, after being in jordan (we'll have to blog about those camps another time) we were definitely able to appreciate the clean food and bathrooms. Speaking of the bathroom s, they were beautiful! I mean the sink bowls were painted with lovely designs and just an amazing view out the windows over the sinks. So, as you’re washing your hands you just look out the window and you think "wow!!!!"
At Beerotayim, you’re so free. That’s what I loved, being able to do WHATEVER I wanted! We went with another family (the one we were supposed to go to Jordan with, Nomi, Belinda, Jeremy, and Eitan). I had such a great time with Nomi and in those few days we had so much fun together! The adults did their adult things the whole time, so we hung out and did whatever we wanted :). We played crazy eights and salty fish (like red light green light, but the person who turns around can try to make you laugh and that makes you have to go back to the beginning too, so, I never won).We drank Bedouin tea (sugar with some water and tea leaves mixed in) and lots of water! Also, we wrote a lot. But, I haven’t told you what else we did which has been my dream since we decided to go to Israel.
WE…RODE…ON…CAMELS! That was just so exciting. We weren’t allowed to pet them because that was an insult to them, but it was definitely good enough just to ride them. First, we had to get on and the camels had to stand up, right? Ya, well, that was an adventure. Pretty much, the camel would stick it’s but up in the air and then it would bring its head up. It was like being on a roller coaster…but without being strapped in. ahhhh!
It was so nice being on the camel because since you’re farther from the ground it’s much cooler. We rode for about 30-45 minutes. Then, we stopped in the shade and made lunch. We made tea, tahini, salad, cheese, and bread. The way they made the bread was very cool. The mixed up flour, water, and salt into thick dough and made it into a patty. Then they buried it in the embers of the fire they’d made and took it out about 20 minutes later, they took it out. It was delicious!!!! The lunch was wonderful. After that we rode back to camp.
Well, that’s it for now!!!!
NOTE: I am going to need a little help from my parents to put pictures in, because that’s confusing. So, just to let you know, I’ll post another blog with pictures of the things I've explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment